Last update: May 25, 2018
When you contact us, when you request information from us relating to our products or services, when you make use of our products or services or when you enter in a cooperation with us, we shall register your personal and non-personal information. We use this information to guarantee our services to you. We are committed to safeguarding and preserving your privacy and personal data. We shall of course handle the data according to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Personal information
2.1 Personal and non-personal information we collect
We take great care in limiting the information we collect and use. We collect only the information necessary for the sale of our products and / or providing our services, or providing information at your request. The personal and non-personal information we collect:
- Your contact information such as your name, company name, business address, business telephone number, your business e-mail address and other contact information you may provide (including delivery address when you purchase our products);
- VAT-number (if applicable);
- Chamber of Commerce registration number (if applicable);
- Bank account number (if required for payments);
- Certificates concerning food safety (if applicable).
2.2 How we use your personal information
We process data for the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services;
- To send quotations;
- To fulfil obligations arising from contracts and / or agreements between you and us and to
provide you with the products, services and information you request, including the management and handling of your requests, questions or complaints. This includes, for example, also: enabling you to purchase our products, to respond to your requests for service, to respond to your questions, to provide essential information about our products and services you request; the handling of your order and informing you about its progress; to send an invoice for the delivery of products or services, etcetera;
- For our legitimate commercial interests: we also use your personal information for example, to provide information to you relating to other products and / or services that may be of interest to you or to inform you about business developments that are of interest to you.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate measures to protect your personal data correctly, using technical, physical and organizational measures, to protect your data against unauthorized or unlawful use, alteration, unauthorized access or disclosure, accidental or unlawful destruction and loss. We store all personal data within the Netherlands.
3.1 Cooperation with third parties
For our services, we use other parties to carry out work (for example, a logistics service provider who delivers the products you have ordered to you and who requires your delivery address). We shall only share your personal data with these trusted third parties in order to make providing the service to you possible. Further, your data is only accessible within the organization. Exceptions to this are legal and practical obligations, where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information and to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Personal information is not sold or given away by The Taste of Europe B.V..
4. Your rights concerning the processing of your personal information
You have the right to access your personal data or to request rectification of your personal data and, if desired, to request erasure or to restrict our use of your personal data. You can also object to the processing of your personal data at any time. Exceptions to this are legal obligations, for example the legal obligation to keep financial data for a period of at least 7 years. If we cannot meet your request, we will of course inform you about this.